Cockburn has a new sustainable state-of-the-art integrated aquatic, recreation, educationand elite athlete training facility. The centre costing $110 million is one of the largest of itskind in Australia and was jointly funded by the Fremantle Dockers AFL Football Club, CurtinUniversity, WA State and Commonwealth governments. Some of the facilities in the centreinclude three recreational pools, a hydrotherapy pool, waterslide, fitness areas, multipurposestadium, oval, athletic training facilities, crèche and café.
Designers specified a floor drain to remove excess water from the wet areas. The wetareas are frequently cleaned with harsh commercial cleaning solutions requiring corrosionresistant drains. The installed drainage system also needed to be hydraulically capableof discharging large quantities of water in the event of accidents such as flooding.
- Wexel 150 round push-fit floor drain with stainless steel grates
- Grade 304 stainless steel grate is corrosion resistant and suitable for harsh chemicals
- Push-fit floor drains with a rubber seal ensure a watertight connection to pipes
- A discharge capacity of 2.24 L/s per outlet is hydraulically capable of capturing water in the event of flooding in the wet areas
- Restricted depth drains and cable enclosures